Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Aestlights!

One of the most rewarding things about designing is when you get to see finished products of your patterns. This has become so much easier to do what with Ravelry and all the blogging that goes on these days!
I've been checking out all the lovely Aestlights that are appearing and thought I'd share a few of the multi-coloured interpretations.
Obviously I designed this with a solid-ish colour in mind but after one of my test knitters (The Lady-see below) tried out a blue and orange combo, I think she sparked the interest of others to explore the use of more than one colour. The construction of the shawl lends itself well to this with it's multi-directional knitting.

Feltedfanatic (rav link)

Looks great in variegated yarns too!


dyedinthewool

mobbysthoughts

(All photos by permission of the photographers)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wauw! Putting this on my "next-to-do" list.

Hilary said...

Such a gorgeous design! Every single one looks amazing!

Journeying Five said...

so cool to see your work being played with and made individual!

Poethead said...

Aren't they gorgeous?!

Linda said...

Really inspiring knits! I can't wait to knit this.

Lara said...

I loved all of the Rav photos & can't wait to dig into this design... casting on right after coming off the internet!

I'm sure this will be hugely successful for you! When test knitters rave publicly, it has to be a good sign!!

Anonymous said...

Arent knitters wonderful? I never cease to be amazed and inspired by the knitting community. What beautiful examples of your lovely pattern.

Jenny Hodgson said...

This is one of the prettiest shawl designs I've seen lately! I can't wait to try it out. I loved reading about your jam adventures...I'm a first timer too, but am thinking of trying out a peach version like Lolly's...happy knitting...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for designing such an adaptable and beautifully simple pattern! I love mine.

mary jane said...

What a great collection! I need to make one.

mel said...

Beautiful - These are such lovely versions of your design!! How satisfying!!