Monday, June 22, 2009

Aestlight Available For Purchase



Aestlight is all ready to go.....thanks to the wonderful test knitters for all their improvements of the pattern! I decided to add a slightly smaller version of the shawl that would only use 1 skein of the Malabrigo Sock Yarn (shown in the brown below).



See some more versions here, here and here

DETAILS:
This shawl is knit using a traditional Shetland construction. It begins with a garter stitch triangle increasing from the point outwards. Stitches are then easily picked up from the very visible yarn over loops along the edges and the border is worked outwards from the triangle. The shawl is finished with an edging that is knitted sideways and attached to the live stitches of the border as it is being worked.

Two sizes are given. The brown shawl is the smaller of the two. Written and charted instructions are provided.

Make it in your favorite fingering weight yarn (shown in Malabrigo Sock) and enjoy the garter stitch goodness draped around your neck!
‘Aestlight’ means ‘east light’ in Shetland dialect.

Finished size:
Approximately 45 inches/114 cm (52 inches/132 cm wide) and 17 inches/43 cm (21 inches/53 cm) long.
There is a generous amount of give in this shawl at the blocking stage.

Materials:
• US #6/4mm 32 inch or 24 inch circular needle
• 440 (550) yrds fingering weight yarn
• Stitch markers
• Row counter

Gauge:
24 sts and 42 rows= 4 inches in garter stitch using US #6/4mm needle.

$5.00

10 comments:

Hilary said...

Just bought my copy - thanks for such a lovely pattern! I can't wait to cast on.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully simple and elegant shawl - love it!

florencemary said...

Great pattern, Gudrun - simple, yet just that bit different! Also, the 2-size option is really useful, yardage-wise, so thanks for that.

Wolkenjägerin said...

I bought it, I bought it! And I have some absolutely wonderful yarn to knit it with. Now off to finish summer sweater in the hopes that summer finally shows up and then it's eastern lights for me.

Connie said...

Awesome! Just got my copy too :)

melissa said...

yay! i just bought mine! i'm going to celebrate finishing all my book sweaters by casting on for your shawl this weekend!

also, so glad you made it safely home to mass! my life will be less crazy very soon, maybe we can get together in july!

Jocelyne Shigehiro said...

Hi - is it possible to buy a "downloadable" copy"? I live in Canada and really love that option? Wonderful looking piece!

STRIKKEMOR(O) said...

This is a very nice shawl! I have just bought a copy!

Gigi said...

Oooo lovely! Can't wait to finish my current UFO's (which includes a hap shawl thanks to you!) so I can start on one of these.

Alison said...

Absolutely darling!