Friday, November 6, 2009

Wast Side Shawl

Wast Side Shawl is now available to purchase!



This shawl’s construction begins with the edging. Yarn over loops are created along the top edge and then picked up along the entire strip of edging. The shawl is then worked inwards, thus reducing the number of the stitches on the needles every row! The lace patterns featured in the edging and border are both of Shetland origin. Fern Lace is an easy to memorize and distinctive pattern.
Wast Side refers to the West Side of Shetland, where my parents live.

Charted and written instructions are included in the 5 page PDF

Sizes

Approximately 45 inches/114 cm (52 inches/132 cm wide) and 18 inches/45.5 cm (21 inches/53 cm) long.

Gauge

20 sts and 32 rows=4 inches in Stockinette st on US#6/4mm needles.

Yardage

450 (550) yards of fingering weight (4ply) or lace weight yarn. Shown here in Malabrigo lace in larger size (purple) and Cascade Heritage in smaller size (green)

$5.00

10 comments:

Drop Stitches Not Bombs said...

What a beautiful shawl! The strong points of the fern lace look quite modern from a distance, but so delicate and pretty in the close-up. I can definitely see myself making one of these!

Hilary said...

So pretty! I'm intrigued by the construction and love the idea of decreasing every row.

Diane@Peaceful Acres said...

I finished my first Aestlight and it is beautiful! Thank you, thank you for including written instructions for us dyslexics that don't do back and forth on charts very well!!! Good job! It was a gift to my DD and she loves it! I'll post it soon.

You new shawl looks lovely too!

tea and cake said...

THIS is what I have been waiting for, to use some fab yarn I bought ages ago. And I just bought the pattern, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, so lovely! I'm really intrigued by the construction.

Anonymous said...

That is lovely! It is a very appealing little project that I could see myself knitting.

mel said...

It's lovely Gudrun (and I love that it gets smaller instead of bigger, brilliant!), and the pictures are so pretty.

Happily Knit said...

It's gorgeous! I love the color you chose and am blown away as usual.

Erin Wallace said...

This shawl is so beautiful! I usually don't go for shawls, but this one is so pretty. May just have to add this pattern to my queue!

Margo said...

I just discovered your site! What pretty patterns! I'll be back :)