Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Birthday Kitty

Holey Moley.....another post already!!
Today is my Daughter's birthday....last year of single digits......and I made her this kitty...very last minute....as in I knit all day yesterday and stayed up until 1 am to finish!


Some of you may think there is something familiar about this cat....you're right...it is a modified "Sophie" by Ysolda!
The head and body are the same but the appendages are modifications on the original....cats don't look so good with long floppy ears!
Maya loves it and has called this one Varjak after a character from one of her all time favourite cat novels ever...Varjak Paw...a Mesopotamium Blue with some Zen-like martial art skills!

14 comments:

ana dane said...

what a fabulous present- i'm sure she'll treasure it.

many happy returns to your daughter. enjoy being 9!

Anonymous said...

I remember loving being 9 - wish your daughter a happy birthday.

That knit kitty is adorable.

*melanie from www.meli-mello.com

Cybèle said...

Love his scarf...
I have a nine year old too. It's a great age.

Anonymous said...

Love love love the kitty!

marit said...

Happy Birthday, Maya!
Cute cat:-)

Hilary said...

What a great idea! I love Ysolda's animals and think that Sophie looks perfect as a cat. Happy birthday to your daughter!

Just call me Ruby said...

Wishing you a very Happy birthday Maya!

and what a lovely present.

Ruby xxx

raining sheep said...

So cute! I love it. I am certain your daughter will remember such beautiful handmade gifts. I made my son a teddy bear when he was little - he is much older now but still remembers me sewing that bear.

Ally Jay said...

Kitty is darn cute. I am seriously cat mad. Well done for modifying the pattern so successfully.
Happy birthday to your daughter. I have a seven year old who wants to be nine so she can be old enough to do more things. I want her to stay seven as long as possible.

Anonymous said...

cute kitty. happy birthday, maya.

Lolly said...

So adorable! i love that little kitty!

Megan Coyle said...

that cat is fantastic!

Romi said...

So cute! Happy happy belated birthday to your lovely girl. :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness! That kitty is too cute for words. I'm sure your daughter will cherish her.