Saturday, May 26, 2007

More Artwork and photos of Shetland


While browsing through my iphotos I came across this other piece of art by my aunt Maggie Riegler. This image represents my parents return to Shetland (note the Fair Isle sweaters they are wearing) and their wee renovated cottage in Sandness. I love this picture. Mum and Dad coming back to the same spot where they began their life together and had all four of their children. Their croft cottage really does look like this so I've included some shots of their home and a token Shetland sheep which lounge around my parents home (not so much since my dad built a Ha Ha- a dropped stone wall-out the front of the house)!
Hi Mum and Dad...I know you'll be reading!


3 comments:

World Wide Alternative said...

Wow. It'd be like waking up in a beautiful dream everyday...

MoniqueB. said...

This must be a hard life, but it makes a pretty picture.

D.M. Schofield said...

What lovely art. I too am a Sheltie who has lived in america for 10 years. So nice to find your blog..

http://shetlandfinallyhome.blogspot.com/