Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Wish This Morning Would Never End

That was the last line to a poem my daughter wrote about the beautiful crisp winter morning we had today......still and perfect for walking......





We are starting to get closer to our departure from this far flung location and as often happens when you know you're leaving a place you start to feel nostalgic for it!

(big brother's turn for a visit)

It's been absolutley brilliant to spend quality time with family (although I'm missing not having my sister nearby) and to be back in my own country for a while.
Our departure isn't imminent however.....we still get to celebrate Xmas and New Year here which will be all the more complete when David (my man) gets here in about 16 days time!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about being home, and then having to leave.....not always easy.
The pictures are beautiful!

JohannaM

Poethead said...

I can see why you would hate to leave the country with your family. I will be good for you to be home, but I will miss the pictures!

Beth Armstrong said...

Photos are beautiful - so hard to imagine that it's really that cold with you right now as I type in the balmy 22 C in NZ. I miss you too but look forward to the time that we get to spend some time together in this country...one day!

Lori said...

I'm glad that David will be there soon! The pictures are beautiful---but so cold looking that I actually felt chills. I hope you can savor the moments and enjoy each one without thinking about the departure.

raining sheep said...

So gorgeous. What a perfect place to spend Christmas. The environment oozes Christmas.

Kirsten said...

I'm going to miss these beautiful photos of Shetland when you return to the US.

Enjoy your remaining weeks there.

mel said...

Your daughter is wonderful. And hurray for being reunited - Tad and I always had a tough time being apart.

P.S. This made me miss my brother so much! What a great shot.

Jane said...

What a wonderful post! Your pictures are beautiful.