Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Beret Bonanza

Hello......still here......just haven't snapped many shots of late as it's been a bit dreich (as us Scots like to say)! However all this indoor time has kept me busy with lots of knitting .....including a slew of beret making/designing (One pattern written up and being test knit...the other to be done asap)!
.....here's a wee selection so far (taken when the sun made a brief appearance)....
There are 2 different designs going on here, one shown in a worsted and DK weight (winey and grey ones) and the other just in DK . I wanted to test out the variety of floppiness that can be had with berets as I find it hard myself to decide how slouchy I want them to be.
What about you? How much slouch do you go for in a beret?

(Just for fun-the view from the kitchen window after lots of cooking has taken place)

9 comments:

mooncalf said...

I love the winey one. I'm pretty relaxed about how much slouch my beret has. I think the fit of a beret is in large part down to the volume of your hair. My hair is very flat so even a medium beret looks quite voluminous.

Just call me Ruby said...

Beautiful berets, I think I like bottom right best. I like a bit of 'flop' in my beret but for it to still fit quite high on the head. Does that make sense?

Happily Knit said...

You keep me happy in bereted bliss-- I thank you for that!

kat coyle said...

I like them both. I'm like you and have a hard time deciding on slouchiness.

Poethead said...

These are gorgeous! I like the top left one best--I think. They're all great. I like some slouch; it's my long hair and head shape. More Scottish words, please!! My ancestors are Scottish! I'm very interested.

Ruth said...

Slouchy but not saggy, I think. It's one of those things you know when you see it. I love the maroon and gray berets -- and the photo with the model by the window is lovely.

Anonymous said...

i personally don't like much slouch, but i think ALL the berets you've made here are wonderful. i'm a beret kind of gal, but i have yet to find one here in japan that i like and me knitting one is not going to happen. so i live vicariously through your creations :)

i LOVE that last photo out the kitchen window after cooking.nice.

the Lady said...

Beautiful berets. I like enough slouch so that the beret doesn't stick up on my head, but that I can pull it down sort of, if that makes sense.

mary jane said...

I love them all, I can't choose. I like slouchiness depending on my mood. Its always good to have a choice.
Beautiful pictures as always

mj