Friday, October 31, 2008

More Scenery

The colours and light quality have been absolutley stunning up here the last few days so I've been snapping away.......these are edited and obviously I'm still fiddling with the colours but it does still represent some of the textures and contrasts that can be seen. A view on the drive into town (which takes about 45 mins )


Thought it was time to include a shot of a sheep however this one ain't a Shetlander, it's a scandinavian breed that produces a bigger lamb apparently....anyway these are the ones that reside around my dad's cottage....I'll get some locals before too long!

Looking at the hoose from behind.......and.......

......ta da.....I finished my Fair Isle project! Here they are being 'dressed' on some hand boards that my dad happened to have lying around.....some modeled photos soon..and perhaps a pattern!





5 comments:

Lise said...

I love your photos. I'd really like to go there myself someday. Your fair isle project looks good as well. How long are you staying?

James McLauchlan Johnston said...

Are those landscape shots with the green filter thingy on?

Have booked our tickets, we'll be up there on the 7th at 7.30am! ^%#$@ @%@%@

Alison Kerr said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your photos.

Beth Armstrong said...

Congratulations Gudrun on finishing the beauitful fair isle mittens and they look great displayed on the handboards. Lovely to see some scenic shots too - wish we were there. x

mary jane said...

what great mitts! very pretty.