Thursday, August 12, 2010

Friends in Shetland

During our second week in Shetland we were joined by lots of knitterly friends....I think you'll know who they are!

Knitting belt lesson from Auntie Grace....

Internet Cafe at Dad's house....

New England Knits in Jamieson and Smith's store....

The photoshoot models get in some practice.....


Late evening walks.....



Rock collecting....


Bird watching in Unst....



Choosing colours at Jamieson's.....


Putting knitters to work before the photoshoot.....



Next up the day of the photoshoot!

14 comments:

JoannaD said...

Lovely photos. I want that colourwork cardigan that Ysolda's wearing!

debrarae said...

me too love the cardi ysolda has on. Is it a pattern of hers?

choo choo knits said...

amazing people on an amazing journey together! I'm sure I'm among many who say *jealous* when they see these photos :o)

elisabeth said...

hah! collecting rocks is my favorite thing to do on vacation. well, that and going to yarn stores, and taking pictures of people in handknits...ok, i'm a little jealous.

Bernadette said...

The photos are all so stunning but I am fixated on the interior shot of the Jamieson store! :)

Ghislaine said...

It seems that you had fun together!

Anonymous said...

The Jameson & Smith shop looks like heaven! Jamieson's too.

Rowen White said...

lovely pictures and wonderful people. Say hi to julia for me!! she was so excited to come on the adventure!!!

westknits said...

You have me on the edge of my seat regarding your collection!

Charlotte said...

It looks so,so lovely - one day I will get to Shetland. In the meantime I'm looking forward to the collection

Hilary said...

How fun!! What beautiful surroundings. Can't wait to see more of those photoshoots!

AmandaHall said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! So many talented people all in one spot.

kat said...

Beautiful photos of what looks like lots of fun!

mary jane said...

Oh Gudrun, it was the most magical time ever, I will treasure the memories forever. Thank you and your wonderful family.